Thursday, May 28, 2009

Recovery

It seemed to take forever but after 8 days of drips, drains and being mainly stuck in bed I was allowed to leave hospital and return home.  

Either mum or dad stayed with me every night which was good.  To start with I wasn’t allowed to eat anything except “broth” but it was horrible and tasted like cabbage water and actually made me sick – so I didn't have to eat that anymore!  But once I was eating I had all sorts of things, one morning they gave me cornflakes with hot milk – it is
not nice DON’T TRY IT!

I had 2 drains stuck in me as well as the IV so it was hard to move about – not that I felt like it anyway – but when they took them out they gave me “laughing gas” which mum and dad thought was really funny (and I did too!)

Once I came home I had a nurse visit me at home to do dressings and was too tired to do anything except sit in a chair.  Dad left for Samoa a few days after I got back (he went for a fishing tournament and caught a marlin) and we were supposed to go to England to visit our cousin Henry because it was school holidays but we had to wait a few days because I was still too sick.  

We went to legoland the next week though (see next entry) and I have now had 2 weeks back at school and am feeling much better.

No comments: